Subject: Last call on fax documents?

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 23:20:36 -0700

I don't see that I can last call these because of the following 
(taken from the minutes of the FAX meeting in Adelaide):

At 08.40 +0900 00-04-27, Hiroshi Tamura wrote:
>- draft-ietf-fax-service-v2-01.txt
>
>There are dependency problems(DSN, IMAP4 and Addressing).
>Concerning DSN, there is one idea in order not to be dependent on DSN.
>It was circulated in ML. For others, the group confirmed to wait for
>being Draft standards. The right format of the results of Interworking
>(FaxConnect2) is necessary. Mr. Ohno, who was responsible for
>FaxConnect2 at Japan, will report it with other key people.
>
>- draft-ietf-fax-faxaddr-v2-00.txt, draft-ietf-fax-minaddr-v2-00.txt
>
>Interworking is not enough, especially for /T33S issue.
>T33S conforms to ITU-T T.33(Facsimile routing utilizing the subaddress).
>It is kind of an application profile. There are fax machines
>that support T.30 SUB signal. But there are very few implementations
>about T.33. A question was raised about how to validate
>if two independent implementations interwork for addressing.
>About this question, there was an opinion it is that gateways can
>handle the specified address correctly.

Steve, please _remove_ the following documents from the IESG table 
until further notice.

   draft-ietf-fax-service-v2-01.txt
   draft-ietf-fax-faxaddr-v2-00.txt
   draft-ietf-fax-minaddr-v2-00.txt

Hiroshi-san: please resolve these issues, and if needed come back 
with new versions of the documents. An interoperability report have 
to be sent in together with the request for last call -- especially 
when the community seems to question the interoperability.

    Patrik Faltstrom
    Area Director, Applications Area, IETF

---

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 14:54:51 +0900 (JST)

Fältström-san,

> (taken from the minutes of the FAX meeting in Adelaide):

You are right.

<snip>

> when the community seems to question the interoperability.

OK.

Allocchio-san, Toyoda-san:
If necessary, please submit the new-version again.

About interoperability report, please discuss in ML
or directly contact Allocchio-san and me.

--
Hiroshi Tamura, Ricoh Company, LTD.
Mail: [email-masked]
Tel: +81-46-228-1743  Fax: +81-46-228-7500 (SUB/F-code 5727)