Subject: [IETF-FAX] Request for IESG Consideration for TIFF draft

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 19:10:41 +0900 (JST)

Dear Patrik,
Dear Ned,
Dear IETF secretary,

I am Hiroshi Tamura, a co-chair of Fax WG.

The Internet Fax Working Group requests IESG approval for publication of 
the following two documents, with the specified status. 

.....

DOCUMENT 1:

File Format for Internet Fax

draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-06.txt

Status: Draft Standard

Technical Summary:

This document is a revised version of Proposed Standard RFC 2301.
The revisions, summarized in the list attached as Annex C to this 
document, are based on the discussions and suggestions for improvements 
that have been made since the Proposed Standard was issued in March 1998,
and on the results of independent implementations and interoperability testing.
This RFC 2301 revision describes the TIFF (Tag Image File Format)
representation of image data specified by the ITU-T Recommendations
for black-and-white and color facsimile. This file format
specification is commonly known as TIFF-FX. It formally defines
minimal, extended and lossless JBIG profiles (Profiles S, F, J) for
black-and-white fax, and base JPEG, lossless JBIG and Mixed Raster
Content profiles (Profiles C, L, M) for color and grayscale fax. These
profiles correspond to the content of the applicable ITU-T
Recommendations. Files formatted according to this specification use
the image/tiff MIME Content Type.

The earlier versions of this draft have completed an Internet Fax
working group Last Call. There are clarifications for implementers
and change on reference information of TIFF-REG and auther information.
There are no technical change. Enough interworking is already done.

There are no specific normative reference dependencies that need to
be resloved. TIFF-REG(RFC 2302) will be replaced by a reference to
the following document(DOCUMENT 2) which is being proposed as a BCP. 

Attached is the interworking report by a editor.

DOCUMENT 2:

Tag Image File Format (TIFF) - image/tiff MIME Sub-type Registration

draft-ietf-fax-tiff-regbis-01.txt

Status: BCP

Technical Summary:

This document is a revised version of Proposed Standard RFC 2302.
There are no techical change. There are only changes on auther information.
This document describes only the registration of the MIME sub-type
image/tiff. Therefore, the working group agrees the status should
be changed to BCP.

.....

Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura, Ricoh Company, LTD.
E-mail: [email-masked]