Subject: Re: IFX> Some current Internet FAX refs - RFCs and I-Ds

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:14:33 -0500

At 12:44 PM 6/21/2000 -0700, McDonald, Ira wrote:
>Copies: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>
>Hi folks,                                       Wednesday (21 June 2000)
>
>Per my action from today's IPP WG Telecon, below is a list of the RFCs
>that are pertinent for Internet Fax and therefore for QualDocs (IFax
>over IPP).
>
>Cheers,
>- Ira McDonald
>   High North Inc

This is excellent Ira. . I just want make it publicly clear, as I stated in 
the IPP Telecon today that I am totally in favor of the PWG taking on the 
QUALDOCS work independently of the IETF.

There is no reason to wait any longer.

I don't think this should be interpreted as a reproach of the IETF, far 
from it, it only a simple recognition of the difficulties APP's  Area 
Directors have in taking on new work.

Only one new WG, VPIM has received a charter since IETF in Australia.

QUALDOCS has had 3 successful BOF's and a team assembled ready to start 
work ....but no charter.

I would continue to extend a open invitation to the members of the IETF-FAX 
work group to participate in a PWG QUALDOCS project through this list and 
through invitations to the regularly scheduled IPP meetings.

Please Note New Contact Information:

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
5237 Sutherland
St. Louis, MO 63109
Voice 314.503.0640
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : [email-masked]
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<