Subject: RE: pre-draft for proposed draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-07

From: "McIntyre, Lloyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 05:12:28 -0700

All,
Please see the attached zipped copy of the proposed revision to
draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-06, pre-draft draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-07, and cover
note below. There was an attempt to have the  pre-draft distributed on
Wednesday, however that attempt apparently did not succeed. 
Please excuse the distribution of zipped format, this was the most reliable
option.

Lloyd

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	McIntyre, Lloyd 
> Sent:	Wednesday, July 26, 2000 9:35 PM
> To:	IETF-web site - Paul Hoffman
> Cc:	Abercrombie, Dave; IETF - Ned Freed (App Area Director); IETF -
> Patrik Faltstrom (App. Area Director); IFaxWG - Claudio Allocchio; IFaxWG
> - Hiroshi Tamura; Rafferty, James - Brooktrout; Buckley;Rob R
> Subject:	pre-draft for proposed draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-07 
> 
>  <<draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-07.zip>> 
[LM]  ---snip--- ________________

> All
>  A pre-draft of proposed draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-07 is posted on the IMC
> page at <http://www.imc.org/ietf-fax/temp-draft-tiff-fx-07.txt> for
> temporary access to accommodate discussion during Wednesday August 2nd
> FaxWG meeting.
> 
> Your attention is being drawn to the few editorial corrections to
> draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-06 that are contained within proposed
> draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-07, see a copy of the difference list below. It is
> emphasized that  no  functions / features are added or deleted -  these
> changes are all in the nature of cleaning up typos (No. 7, 3, 4),
> clarifying text (5, 6), or making something consistent (1, 2)--by the way,
> GPIFD and the related new fields were tested in Profile F.   
> 
> Note that draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-06 is currently under Draft Standard
> consideration.
> 
> The desired action is to obtain WG concurrence with regard to acceptance
> of draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-07 as a replacement to
> draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-06, which is currently under Draft Standard
> consideration, without recycle to Proposed Standard. 
>  
> List of edits:
> 
>    +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
>    | No.| Section |           Edit Aug. 02, 2000                    |
>    +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
>    | 1. | 4.3.3   | Added reference to the "New fields" defined in  |
>    |    |         | Section 2.2.4. This is consistent with what is  |
>    |    |         | done in Sections 5.3, 6.3, 7.3 and 8.3.         |
>    +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
>    | 2. | 4.7     | Per #1, added GlobalParametersIFD, ProfileType, |
>    |    |         | FaxProfile and CodingMethod to the New Fields   |
>    |    |         | portion of the table in Section 4.7.            |
>    +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
>    | 3. | 7.2.1   | FillOrder, 1st sentence, "Profile F" was changed|
>    |    |         | to "Profile L". This is consistent with the     |
>    |    |         | profile being specified.                        |
>    +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
>    | 4. | 8.1.2   | Last sentence of last paragraph, corrected the  |
>    |    |         | Section 8.2.2 reference to Section 8.2.3.       |
>    +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
>    | 5. | 8.5     | ImageWidth row, added "Note, legal widths       |
>    |    |         | for the Primary IFD". Clarifies that these width|
>    |    |         | are for the Primary IFDs (i.e. page) and not the|
>    |    |         | subIFD (i.e. sub-page images), as defined       |
>    |    |         | in Section 8.2.1.                               |
>    +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
>    | 6. | Annex A | ImageWidth row and Mixed Raster Content M       |
>    |    |Table A.1| column, added "Note, for the Mixed Raster       |
>    |    |         | Content M profile these widths apply to the     |
>    |    |         | Primary IFD." See rational in #5 above.         |
>    +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
>    | 7. | Annex A | PhotometricInterpretation row and Mixed Raster  |
>    |    |Table A.1| Content M column, deleted "1" to be consistent  |
>    |    |         | with definitions in Sections 8.2.1 and 8.5.     |
>    +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
> 
> 
>