Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-service-v2-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 06:28:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Simple Mode of Facsimile Using Internet Mail
	Author(s)	: K. Toyoda, H. Ohno, J. Murai, D. Wing
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-service-v2-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 12-Jul-00
	
This specification provides for 'simple mode' carriage of facsimile
data over the Internet.  Extensions to this document will follow.
The current specification employs standard protocols and file formats
such as TCP/IP, Internet mail protocols [1, 2, 3], MIME [4, 16, 17],
and TIFF for Facsimile [5,6,19].  It can send images not only to
other Internet-aware facsimile devices but also to Internet-native
systems, such as PCs with common email readers which can handle MIME
mail and TIFF for Facsimile data.  The specification facilitates
communication among existing facsimile devices, Internet mail agents,
and the gateways which connect them.
The IETF has been notified of intellectual property rights claimed in
regard to some or all of the specification contained in this
document.  For more information consult the online list of claimed
rights in <http://www.ietf.org/ipr.html>.

   The key words 'MUST', 'MUST NOT', 'REQUIRED', 'SHALL', 'SHALL NOT',
   'SHOULD', 'SHOULD NOT', 'RECOMMENDED',  'MAY', and 'OPTIONAL' in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in [7].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-service-v2-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-service-v2-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-service-v2-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.