Subject: FYI: Content feature RFCs

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:55:19 +0100

FYI,

Two new RFCs are recently published, dealing with matters that may affect 
content negotiation.

(VPIM folks should also be aware that Internet fax group is discussing a 
content negotiation proposal that could be applicable to VPIM/IVM.)

---

         URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2912.txt

In "A Syntax for Describing Media Feature Sets", an expression
format is presented for describing media feature capabilities using
simple media feature tags.

This memo defines a Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME)
'Content-features:' header that can be used to annotate a MIME
message part using this expression format, and indicates some ways it
might be used.

This document is a product of the Content Negotiation Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

---

         URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2913.txt

In "A Syntax for Describing Media Feature Sets", an expression
format is presented for describing media feature capabilities using
simple media feature tags.

This memo defines a media feature tag whose value is a Multipurpose
Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) content type.  This allows the
construction of feature expressions that take account of the MIME
content type of the corresponding data.

This document is a product of the Content Negotiation Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

---

#g

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])