Subject: IETF-FAX WG: Input to November SG16 meeting

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 09:42:47 +0900 (JST)

Folks,

As I suggested in Pittsburgh and the minutes, we have a plan
to input a letter and RFCs to November SG16 meeting.
(From the information on-going WTSA, it seems that Q4/SG8 has moved to
new SG16.) I do not have there are any problems for the input.
But, I would like to get the WG's confirmation.

1 Input of RFCs

RFC 2879: schema v2
RFC 2880: T30-mapping

At first, I would like to say I do not intend to input
all revised RFCs that T.37 refers. But these two RFCs are necessary.

W.R.T. schema v2, some important feature expressions has changed
from RFC 2531. Without them, capability indication cannot be done.

W.R.T. T30-mapping, T.37 Appendix III addresses it, but the RFC number
is not assigned there.

2 Input of a letter

Attached is the draft letter. We have a request from previous Q4/SG8.
It includes the response as well as our WG status. Any comments,
addition or modification are appreciated.

...

If there are any comments, please reply by October 12.
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura, Co-chair of IETF-FAX WG

---

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:41:30 +0900 (JST)

Folks,

> addition or modification are appreciated.

Regarding the input to ITU-T itself, there are no comments.
Therefore, the input has been decided.

After getting the final confirmation of ISOC VP and ADs,
I will submit two RFCs as the contribution to SG16 November meeting.

Regarding the letter, there is an editorial modification on TIFF-REG.
Thank you, Rafferty-san.

Also, two I-Ds related to FFPIM are updated. Therefore, FFPIM parts
are a little modified. Thank you, Klyne-san.

Attached is the new one. The letter will be directly inputed to
the rapporteur of the newly assigned question in SG16, which handles T.37.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

---

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:23:18 +0900 (JST)

Folks,

Excuse me,

I forgot to say the cover pages of the contributions to ITU-T
in the last mail.

They explain contents of RFC 2879 and RFC 2880 very briefly.
They are below. I do not think there are any problems.
Thank you, Graham, again.

Next week, I will ask ISOC VP and ADs for the confirmation.

------------------------------------
RFC 2879
------------------------------------
Abstract

The attached memo, RFC 2879, describes the media content feature schema for 
Internet fax. It defines a profile of the media feature registration 
mechanisms, for use in performing capability identification between 
extended Internet fax systems.

Introduction

The remainder of this document contains the text of the standard-track 
document RFC 2879, which defines a profile of the media feature 
registration mechanisms for use in performing capability identification 
between extended Internet fax systems.

It is a minor revision of, and replaces, the previous document RFC 
2531. There are two substantive changes:  the values for feature tag 
'image-file-structure' have been changed to more accurately reflect what is 
conveyed by that tag, and a new tag 'color-illuminant' has been 
introduced.  Other changes are clarifications to the text and improvements 
to the examples.  A fuller list of the revisions can be found in appendix C 
of the document.

------------------------------------
For RFC 2880
------------------------------------
Abstract

The attached memo describes how to map Group 3 fax capability
identification bits, described in ITU T.30, into the Internet fax
feature schema described in "Content feature schema for Internet fax".

This is a companion to the fax feature schema document, which itself
defines a profile of the media feature registration mechanisms,
for use in performing capability identification between extended
Internet fax systems.

Introduction

The remainder of this document contains the text of the informational 
document RFC 2880, which describes a mapping between T.30 DIS capability 
bits and media feature expressions as used by Extended Internet fax.

The document does not contain any normative material, but rather describes 
how to the standards relating to media feature description for Internet fax 
can be used when interworking with Group 3 facsimile, per ITU-T.30, etc.

--------------------------------

Regards,