Subject: Our status for San Diego meeting

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 19:11:22 +0900 (JST)

Folks,

San Diego meeting is coming.

Please read this mail carefully.

First, I would like to draw your attention to the following
important days from IETF Web site.

--------------
November 17 - Working Group and BOF scheduling closes at 17:00 ET 
November 17 - Internet Draft Cut-off for inital document (-00) submissions 
November 24 - Internet-Draft final submission cutoff date at 17:00 ET 
December 1 - Pre-Registration and Pre-payment cutoff date at 12:00 ET 
December 4 - Working Group agendas due date by 17:00 ET 
December 6 - Registration Cancellation cutoff date by 17:00 ET 
December 10 - 15, 2000 - 49th IETF Meeting 
January 12 - Proceedings submission cutoff date by 17:00 ET 

THURSDAY, December 14, 2000
0900-1130 Morning Sessions
      APP      fax       Internet Fax WG
--------------

The deadline for I-D is Nov 24. It is Nov 17 for -00.

..................................................................

Next, the I-Ds and the issues that we are discussing.

1 FFPIM

There are new versions:
draft-ietf-fax-timely-delivery-01.txt
draft-ietf-fax-content-negotiation-03.txt

I think some pending issues are resolved in these versions
at my first glance. Others are not done. Anyway, there is progress.

I do not think the newer versions are announced by San Diego meeting.
So, you can read them Now. Please!
I will also be able to comment.

2 Impl. Guide

Within a few days, the new version(-04) is announced.
There are no pending issues. Editors(including me) almost finished it.
I think we can issue WG last-call after San Diego meeting.

3 Gateway

Editors are now preparing the updated version(-02). Also, at Pittsburgh
they suggested some issues in older version should move to
a separate document. It seems that they almost finished writing
the -00 version. Both will be announced next week, I think.

4 Tiff extension

There are the extension issues. They were introduced at Pittsburgh.
The formal initial(-00) version is not provided, although there is
draft-mcintyre-fax-tiff-fx-extension. I think McIntyre-san is preparing
it now. Please wait.

5 PNDN

At Pittsburgh, there were suggestions that PNDN is useful for ifax.
Editor roughly introduced it about two weeks ago in our ML.
There are no plans in our current charter,
but AD admits it can be included, if we need.

If someone is interested in PNDN, please say something ASAP.
The deadline for -00 version is Nov 17, as I said.
If none by Nov 14, we do not cover it in our WG, for the time being.
Is it acceptable? Any suggesions are welcome.

6 Status of pending Draft Standard

Claudio and I will report at San Diego.

Anyway, please read the I-Ds and the related threads in ML.
If there are comments for I-Ds, please say in SEPARATE thread.

.....................................................................

Finally, W.R.T. our agenda at San Diego,
by the middle of this month, Claudio or I will circulate it and
ask you for your comment.

.....

Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura, Co-Chair of IETF-FAX WG
E-mail: [email-masked]