Subject: FW: [VPIM] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vpim-cc-02.txt

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:13:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Critical Content of Internet Mail
	Author(s)	: E. Burger, E. Candell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-vpim-cc-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 29-Nov-00

This document describes a mechanism for identifying the body parts
that the sender deems critical in a multi-part Internet mail
message.
By knowing what parts of a message the sender deems critical, a MTA
or UA can intelligently handle multi-part messages when gatewaying
(MTA) or presenting (UA) to systems of lesser capability. Critical
content can help a smart gateway decide what parts to forward.  It
can indicate how hard a gateway should try to deliver a body part.
It can help an MTA to select body parts to silently delete when a
system of lesser capability receives a message.  In addition,
critical content can help indicate the notification strategy of the
receiving system.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-cc-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-vpim-cc-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-cc-02.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-cc-02.txt

---

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 08:38:23 +0900 (JST)

Eric,

Thank you for your forwarding the two I-Ds to FAX WG.

The previous versions were introduced in FAX WG at Pittsburgh.
They are useful for Ifax devices, too, I think.

Although we have no time to introduce them at San Diego,
I recommend FAX WG members to keep watching them.

Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura, Co-chair of IETF-FAX WG
E-mail: [email-masked]