Subject: spam

From: "COLES, RICHARD J. (JSC-EV)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:18:48 -0600

Why are we starting to get all of this advertising???

First, I think, it was for a "nutritional supplement", then something else,
now web hosting.

Has there been a change of the rules of which I missed the notification?

I remember subscribing to this group, so how do these advertisers send stuff
to us so easily?

Regards to list members (but not spammers),

Richard Coles
Lockheed Martin, in support of NASA/Johnson Space Center/Houston

---

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 08:16:13 -0800 (PST)

The spammers are simply sending mail to [email-masked].  All IETF
mailing lists are open to all posters to allow easy cross-posting between
IETF working groups which may need to exchange information or get
assistance from experts in related areas.

-d