Subject: [Fecframe] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-roca-fecframe-rs-02

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:42:00 +0100

Hello everybody,

Here is an update of our I-D on the use of Reed-Solomon codes in the
context of fecframe:
     https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-roca-fecframe-rs/
Cheers,

    Vincent

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	New Version Notification for draft-roca-fecframe-rs-02
Date : 	Mon, 8 Mar 2010 08:43:00 -0800 (PST)
De : 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Pour : 	[email-masked]
Copie à : 
[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked] 

A new version of I-D, draft-roca-fecframe-rs-02.txt has been successfuly submitted by Vincent Roca and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-roca-fecframe-rs
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME
Creation_date:	 2010-03-08
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 20

Abstract:
This document describes two fully-specified FEC schemes for Reed-
Solomon codes that can be used to protect media streams along the
lines defined by the FECFRAME framework.  Reed-Solomon codes belong
to the class of Maximum Distance Separable (MDS) codes which means
they offer optimal protection against packet erasures.  They are also
systematic codes, which means that the source symbols are part of the
encoding symbols.  The price to pay is a limit on the maximum source
block size, on the maximum number of encoding symbols, and a
computational complexity higher than that of sparse parity check
based FEC codes.  However, this complexity remains compatible with
software codecs.

The first scheme is for Reed-Solomon codes over GF(2^^m), with m in
{2..16}, a simple FEC encoding and arbitrary packet flows.  The
second scheme is similar to the first scheme, with the exception that
it is for a single sequenced flow.

The IETF Secretariat.