Subject: [Fecframe] I-D Action:draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Raptor FEC Schemes for FECFRAME
	Author(s)       : M. Watson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-12-09

This document describes Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
(FEC) Schemes for the Raptor and RaptorQ codes and their application
to reliable delivery of media streams in the context of FEC
Framework.  The Raptor and RaptorQ codes are systematic codes, where
a number of repair symbols are generated from a set of source symbols
and sent in one or more repair flows in addition to the source
symbols that are sent to the receiver(s) within a source flow.  The
Raptor and RaptorQ codes offer close to optimal protection against
arbitrary packet losses at a low computational complexity.  Six FEC
Schemes are defined, two for protection of arbitrary packet flows,
two that are optimised for small source blocks and another two for
protection of a single flow that already contains a sequence number.
Repair data may be sent over arbitrary datagram transport (e.g.  UDP)
or using RTP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.