Subject: [forces] comments #6

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 05:19:22 -0400

More comments, ignore the numbering system (for my own reference).

----
11) 5.1.2.2

i) "The AdminStatus component is defined for CE to administratively"
to:
"The AdminStatus component is defined for the CE to administratively"

12) 5.1.3.1.

i) "classify them into various"
to:
"classifying them into various"

ii) "TThe LFB is expected to receive all types of Ethernet packets,
including VLAN Ethernet types"
to:
"The LFB is expected to receive all types of Ethernet packets"

iii) "This input is capable of handling this case."
to:
"This input is capable of handling such a case."

iv) "In order for downstream LFBs to use, a bunch of metadata is produced
 to associate with every output packet. The medatdata, which may be
used by downstream LFBs for packet processing, contains the PHYPortID
and it also contains information on Ethernet type, source MAC address,
and destination MAC address of its original Ethernet packet. Moreover,
it contains information of logical port ID assigned by this LFB. Lastly,
it may conditionally contain information like VlanID and VlanPriority
with the condition that the packet is a VLAN packet."
to:
"Metadata to be carried along with the packet data is produced at this
LFB for consumption by downstream LFBs. The metadata passed downstream
includes PHYPortID, as well as information on Ethernet type, source
MAC address, destination MAC address and the logical port ID. If the
original packet had a VLANID then that is also carried downstream as
metadata (otherwise a VLANID of 0 is assumed)."

13) 5.1.3.2
i) typo "strcut"
ii) this section doesnt talk about what the key or index is used to
lookup the table EtherDispatchTable or VLANInputTable. I think it helps
to understand those details
---

More comments coming..

cheers,
jamal