Subject: [forces] Fwd: IRS mailing list created

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 12:43:29 -0400

Discussion in the Routing Area meeting this coming Thursday.

cheers,
jamal

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Subject: [Sdnp] IRS mailing list created
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/irs-discuss/
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irs-discuss

Purpose: This list is for the discussion of an interface to the routing
system (IRS) that allows applications to rapidly and dynamically install
routing state into routers, and to learn sufficient information from
routers to make timely, data-based decisions about what routing state to
specify. Such an interface would facilitate control and diagnosis of the
routing infrastructure, as well as enabling sophisticated applications
to be built on top of today's routed networks. The IRS is conceived as a
programmatic, streaming interface for transferring state into and out of
the Internet's routing system, recognizing that the routing system and a
router's OS provide useful mechanisms that applications could harness to
accomplish application-level goals. A fundamental component of the IRS
is a clear data model that defines the semantics of the information that
can be written and read.

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.

_______________________________________________
SDNP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lucidvision.com/mailman/listinfo/sdnp