Subject: [forces] opening those gates

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 11:44:56 -0400

Me again.

Over the last two years Adrian (our esteemed AD) and I had been trying to
wind down the WG. I have intentionally restricted discussions, drafts
or presentations (there were many over the years) which are outside the
charter and tried  to focus only on the two main drafts:
draft-ietf-forces-lfb-lib and draft-ietf-forces-ceha
Those drafts have been beaten to pulp so far; we are moving towards
publication.

The WG has some new kick given the SDN interest (yes, weve
been preaching SDN for a long time now). This is evidenced by attendance
in the meeting in Paris which was quiet large (and the Vancouver
meeting was larger than normal despite conflicts with pwe3 and alto which
would have brought more people to the meeting).
So the new view is to keep the working group open longer if it is deemed
necessary.

The technique for probing interest is to open up the gates ive been guarding.
So if you have new ideas, _as long as they centre around ForCES_,  please
bring them forth. If you are upset at me for holding you back before,
I apologize;
you can have fun now.
Please post discussions, write drafts (make them individual drafts
not WG group drafts) and ask for presentation slots.

Some of the ideas which have been held back off the top of my head:

- SCTP TML/TLS
- newer TMLs
- CECE plane
- Inter LFB (as in LFBs across FEs in service chaining)
- etc.

Some newer ideas:
- ForCES on the northbound SDN interfaces

cheers,
jamal