Subject: [forces] Fwd: Special Issue on Management of Software Defined Networks (SDNs) - Springer Journal of Network and Systems Management (JNSM)

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:34:34 -0400

FY and kind submission, if you are interested.

Thanks.

Best.

Bhumip

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Choi, Baek-Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Subject: Special Issue on Management of Software Defined Networks (SDNs) -
Springer Journal of Network and Systems Management (JNSM)
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <
[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "Choi, Baek-Young" <
[email-masked]>, Nick Feamster <[email-masked]>

 Springer Journal of Network and Systems Management (JNSM), Special Issue
on Management of Software Defined Networks (SDNs)****

Call for Paper Submission****

======================================================================================================
****

Software Defined Networking attempts to use software defined packages or
modules for implementing network features/functions and their control and
management. SDN decouples physical networking infrastructure/resources from
the services that utilize them so that a controlled level of flexibility in
resources assignment can be achieved seamlessly for the desired services.
It utilizes the concept of separating network control plane from the
network traffic forwarding plane. The control plane can be physically
distributed but it is logically centralized.****

** **

Universally acceptable open Application Programming Interface (API) is
required to expose the forwarding plane to the control plane. This API must
be an open programmable interface to virtualized forwarding resources from
different implementation and administration domains. Therefore, the
required brokering and orchestration would be essential to successful
implementation and deployment of SDN. ****

** **

In this special issue of JNSM, we look forward to publishing original
research papers that are focused on network and system management aspects
of SDN. The areas of interest include the following:****

**·         **Use cases focusing on Efficient Delivery of Emerging Services*
***

**·         **SDN Interoperability Framework ****

**·         **Distributed Multi-Domain Control of Information Forwarding****

**·         **Control and Orchestration API ****

**·         **Programming (Languages) and Debugging of SDN Elements and
System****

**·         **Privacy and Security of Services and Control****

**·         **Auditability/Verifiability of Resources Allocation and
Consumption ****

**·         **Implementation Reports and Field Trials****

**·         **Management of OpenFlow based networks****

**·         **Orchestration and programmability of virtual resources
(networking, computation and storage) and services****

** **

*Submission guideline:*

Authors are invited to submit clearly written, high quality original paper
that is not under review by other journals or conferences. The instructions
for manuscript preparation and submission can be found at
http://www.springer.com/journal/10922. ****

All manuscripts and any supplementary material should be submitted through
editorial manger system at https://www.editorialmanager.com/jons/.  The
authors must select “SI: Software Defined Networking” for the “Article
Type” step in the submission process. ****

Guest editors:****

Bhumip Khasnabish ([email-masked])****

Baek-Young Choi ([email-masked]) ****

Nick Feamster ([email-masked])  ****

** **

Schedule:****

Paper submission date:****

September  15, 2013****

Notification of acceptance:****

March  15, 2014****

Final paper due:****

August 15, 2014****

Publication date:****

December 2014****

** **

** **

** **