Subject: Re: [forces] Comment: draft-haleplidis-forces-model-extension-01

From: "Haleplidis Evangelos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 16:17:04 +0300

Greetings,

Thank you very much for the comment - and apologies for the long delay in
answering. 

We have just released a new version of the document where we did some small
changes and to incorporate your comments.

URL:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haleplidis-forces-model-extension
-03.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haleplidis-forces-model-extension-
03.txt

Status:
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haleplidis-forces-model-extension>
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haleplidis-forces-model-extension

Htmlized:
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-haleplidis-forces-model-extension-03>
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-haleplidis-forces-model-extension-03

Diff:
<http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-haleplidis-forces-model-extension-03
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-haleplidis-forces-model-extension-03

We are looking forward to more comments.

In particular, it would be useful to know other's opinion on whether
BecomesNotEqualTo is a useful event condition to have or not.

Regards,

Evangelos Haleplidis.

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Dave Hood
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 6:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [forces] Comment: draft-haleplidis-forces-model-extension-01

The abstract and intro say that there are new extensions, but do not give us
a clue what they are. Brevity is good, but it is also helpful to know from
the beginning what the remainder of a document contains.

Present text (introduction):

The ForCES Model [RFC5812] presents a formal way to define FEs

Logical Function Blocks (LFBs) using XML. [RFC5812] has been

published a litlte more than two years and current experience in its

use has shown some room for adding new and changing existing modeling

concepts.

This document extends the ForCES Model by changing and adding new

concepts. These extensions do not require any changes on the ForCES

protocol [RFC5810] as they are simply changes of the schema

definition. Additionally backward compatibility is ensured as xml

libraries produced with the earlier schema are still valid with the

new one.

Proposed text:

The ForCES Model [RFC5812] presents a formal way to define FEs

Logical Function Blocks (LFBs) using XML. [RFC5812] was 

published a little more than two years ago. Current experience in its

use has shown some room for adding new and changing existing modeling

concepts.

This document extends the ForCES Model by a) allowing complex metadata and
b) allowing optional default values for datatypes. These extensions do not
require any changes on the ForCES protocol [RFC5810] as they are simply
changes of the schema definition. XML validation is also enhanced. Backward
compatibility is ensured, as xml libraries produced with the earlier schema
remain valid.

The abstract could be updated similarly.

Dave