Subject: [forces] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-joachimpillai-forces-interfelfb-02.txt

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 06:16:27 -0400

Update based on discussions from Dave Hood and Joel on the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-joachimpillai-forces-interfelfb-02.txt
To: "Damascane M. Joachimpillai" <[email-masked]>,
Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-joachimpillai-forces-interfelfb-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Damascane M. Joachimpillai and posted to
the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-joachimpillai-forces-interfelfb
Revision:        02
Title:           ForCES Inter-FE LFB
Creation date:   2013-07-14
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 20
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-joachimpillai-forces-interfelfb-02.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-joachimpillai-forces-interfelfb
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-joachimpillai-forces-interfelfb-02
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-joachimpillai-forces-interfelfb-02

Abstract:
   Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) defines an
   architectural framework and associated protocols to standardize
   information exchange between the control plane and the forwarding
   plane in a ForCES Network Element (ForCES NE).  RFC5812 has defined
   the ForCES Model which provides a formal way to represent the
   capabilities, state, and configuration of forwarding elements(FEs)
   within the context of the ForCES protocol.  More specifically, the
   model describes the logical functions that are present in an FE, what
   capabilities these functions support, and how these functions are or
   can be interconnected.  The control elements (CEs) can control the
   FEs using the ForCES model definition.

   The ForCES WG charter has been extended to allow the LFB topology to
   be across FEs.  This documents describes a non-intrusive way to
   extend the LFB topology across FEs.

The IETF Secretariat