Subject: [forces] Protocol Action: 'ForCES Intra-NE High Availability' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-forces-ceha-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 08:47:10 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'ForCES Intra-NE High Availability'
  (draft-ietf-forces-ceha-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Forwarding and Control Element
Separation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-ceha/

Technical Summary: 

   This draft discusses Control Element High Availability (CE HA) within a ForCES 
   Network Element. Architecture, protocol, and message exchange (sequence) for
   hot and cold standby of ForCES control element are discussed.  Since the HA
   parameterization in an FE is driven by configuring the FE Protocol Object (FEPO)
   LFB, new validated (against the schema defined in RFC5812) XML version of
   FEPO has also been presented.

   Additionally this document updates RFC 5810 by providing new normative text
   for the Cold-Standby High availability mechanism.

Working Group Summary: 

   Standard WG discussions, nothing controversial.

Document Quality: 

   Based on discussions at ForCES meeting with attendees and dialog participants, it
   appears that there are a few implementations of this draft. The original version 
   (ver. 00) of this draft was published in Oct. 2010 and since then it has undergone
   updates based on implementation experiences and other discussion.

   XML compilers have been used to check the Appendix.

Personnel: 

   Bhumip Khasnabish is the Document Shepherd. 
   Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director.