Subject: [forces] Fwd: [Recentattendees] IETF 90 - Remote Participation

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 11:49:10 -0400

If you are remote i think this is a great way to attend.
Please register first - it is free, it helps the organizers
to track things.

cheers,
jamal

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Subject: [Recentattendees] IETF 90 - Remote Participation
To: [email-masked]

Can’t make it to Toronto? Participate remotely! The IETF offers a
number of ways for remote attendees to audit or even contribute to
IETF sessions throughout the meeting week.

First, register for the meeting. There is no cost to register as a
remote attendee and by registering you will insure that you receive
important updates on agenda changes and other things of interest to
meeting attendees. Please register here:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/register.html and select “remote
participant” as your registration type.

General remote participation information can be found here:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/90/remote-participation.html. Below is a
breakdown of some of the main services available.

1) Meetecho
The Meetecho platform provides a synchronized view of the audio/video
stream from the meeting room, which includes slides being presented
and the presenter, as well as official IETF Jabber room. Meetecho will
be supporting six of the eight concurrent working session tracks,
along with both the Administrative and Technical plenaries. If you
have a comment or a question, Meetecho enables you to ask it even if
you are not in the room. In addition, Meetecho will be streaming many
of the Sunday tutorials sessions. For more information on how to join
a Meetecho session, or to watch a recording after the session has
concluded, see here:http://ietf90.conf.meetecho.com/.

2) Audio Stream
If you only want to listen to the sessions (or if the session you are
interested in isn’t supported by Meetecho), the audio stream is a good
choice. All working sessions are streamed; see here for more
channel-to-room assignments:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/90/remote-participation.html#audio.

3) Jabber Rooms
All IETF meeting sessions have a corresponding Jabber room. See here
for link to the meeting agenda with corresponding Jabber rooms:
http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/90/. Whenever possible, an in-room
volunteer monitors the Jabber room; this volunteer will stand at the
microphone for remote attendees and relay their questions into the
meeting room microphone so that people in the room can respond. More
information on the IETF Jabber service is available here:
http://www.ietf.org/jabber/.

4) Mailing Lists
The [email-masked] is for general discussion of things happening
at the meeting; join the list if you want to hear about Toronto
restaurants, meeting room temperatures and other topics of interest to
those who are physically present at the meeting. Subscribe to
90attendees here: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/90attendees.

The [email-masked] list is for important announcements only and is not
a discussion list. You automatically subscribed when you register as a
remote participant. Being on 90all is essential if you want to hear
about changes to meeting agenda or other important announcements.
Subscribe to 90all here: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/90all.

5) Live Video and Text Streaming of the Technical Plenary on Monday,
July 21st. The technical topic is network topology and geography. See
http://www.ietf.org/live/ for more information.

After the meeting we will be sending a survey to all remote
participants to get feedback on their experience; if you participate
remotely, we’d love to hear from you! And don’t forget to follow @ietf
on Twitter!

Only 3 days until the Toronto IETF!

_______________________________________________
Recentattendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/recentattendees