Subject: [forces] RFC 7391 on Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Protocol Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:30:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7391

        Title:      Forwarding and Control Element Separation 
                    (ForCES) Protocol Extensions 
        Author:     J. Hadi Salim
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 49481
        Updates:    RFC 5810, RFC 7121

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-forces-protoextension-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7391.txt

Experience in implementing and deploying the Forwarding and Control
Element Separation (ForCES) architecture has demonstrated the need
for a few small extensions both to ease programmability and to
improve wire efficiency of some transactions.  The ForCES protocol is
extended with a table range operation and a new extension for error
handling.  This document updates the semantics in RFCs 5810 and 7121
to achieve that end goal.

This document is a product of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC