Subject: [forces] Document Action: 'ForCES Packet Parallelization' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:31:23 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'ForCES Packet Parallelization'
  (draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization-02.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Forwarding and Control Element
Separation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization/

Technical Summary

   Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) defines an
   architectural framework and associated protocols to standardize
   information exchange between the control plane and the forwarding
   plane in a ForCES Network Element (ForCES NE).  RFC5812 has defined
   the ForCES Model provides a formal way to represent the capabilities,
   state, and configuration of forwarding elements within the context of
   the ForCES protocol (RFC 5810), so that control elements (CEs) can
   control the FEs accordingly.  More specifically, the model describes
   the logical functions that are present in an FE, what capabilities
   these functions support, and how these functions are or can be
   interconnected.

   Many network devices support parallel packet processing.  This
   document describes how ForCES can model a network device's
   parallelization datapath.

Working Group Summary

  The document has had a number of iterations based on comments and discussions 
  both in meetings and the mailing list. The LFB definitions and descriptions have been 
  reviewed and are straightforward.

  We believe the working group is solidly behind this document. 

Document Quality

  At least one implementation has validated some of the features described
  in the document.  

Personnel

  The document shepherd is Damascene Joachimpillai <[email-masked]>
  The responsible Area Director is Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>

RFC Editor Note

  Please change all instances of "Cilc" to "Cilk" including the citation.