Subject: Ftp-WG: Fwd: Help in Addressing a Unique Problem

From: "Paul Hethmon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:54:10 -0500

==================BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE==================
>Return-Path: [email-masked]
>Received: from diamond.waii.com (diamond.waii.com [198.3.192.201]) by mail.hethmon.com
>    (Hethmon Brothers Smtpd) id 20001211155327-596-8 ; Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:53:27 -0500
>Received: from mail1.wg.waii.com (mail.wg.waii.com [137.144.170.17])
>	by diamond.waii.com (8.9.1/8.9.1) with ESMTP id OAA15303
>	for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:48:33 -0600 (CST)
>From: [email-masked]
>Received: from clntgw1.wg.waii.com (clntgw1.wg.waii.com [137.144.136.99])
>	by mail1.wg.waii.com (8.8.7/8.8.7) with SMTP id OAA50856
>	for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:48:32 -0600
>Received: by clntgw1.wg.waii.com(Lotus SMTP MTA v4.6.4  (830.2 3-23-1999))  id 862569B2.00711566 ; Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:35:10 -0600
>X-Lotus-FromDomain: GUESTNET
>To: [email-masked]
>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
>Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:35:04 -0600
>Subject: Help in Addressing a Unique Problem
>Mime-Version: 1.0
>Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>Content-Disposition: inline
>

Dear Mr. Hethmon,

Please let me introduce myself, my name is Russ Pittman and I am Director of
Engineering for SpaceData International.

While I am not in the habit of "cold-calling" via email, it seems that my
company is having a very hard time finding a FTP program to fit our needs nor
are we successful in finding any one person that can help with a solution to our
problem.
We have been told, "Can't help you" or "Too busy" by several companies
specializing in FTP software.

I understand that you are the Working Group Chair for FTPEXT. This being the
case, I am approaching those like yourself for any sort of recommendation to
secure consulting services for OUR ftp application. We want to develop or modify
a UNIX based FTP program to work over satellite with our newly developed
services for high speed data transfer. We have successfully transferred over 4
Terabytes of information over satellite using NCFTP, but feel the performance
can be taylored to improve our transfer times. Right now we are in test phase
and approaching 310 mbs over satellite suspecting our FTP software is not
configured best for our application.

Can you suggest a company or an individual that could help us?

Very best regards,

Russ Pittman
Director of Engineering
SpaceData International
[email-masked]
305 345 9300 Voice
305 245 4921 Fax
I can temporarily be reached at: (713) 689 1807

===================END FORWARDED MESSAGE===================

Paul Hethmon
[email-masked]
http://www.hethmon.com