Subject: Ftp-WG: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 06:09:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extensions to FTP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Extensions to FTP
	Author(s)	: R. Elz, P. Hethmon
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-13.txt
	Pages		: 58
	Date		: 21-May-01
	
In order to overcome the problems caused by the undefined format of
the current FTP LIST command output, a new command is needed to
transfer standardized listing information from Server-FTP to User-
FTP.  Commands to enable this are defined in this document.
In order to allow consenting clients and servers to interact more
freely, a quite basic, and optional, virtual file store structure is
defined.
This proposal also extends the FTP protocol to allow character sets
other than US-ASCII[1] by allowing the transmission of 8-bit
characters and the recommended use of UTF-8[2] encoding.
Much implemented, but long undocumented, mechanisms to permit
restarts of interrupted data transfers in STREAM mode, are also
included here.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-13.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-13.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 06:15:59 -0500

Estare fuera de la oficina a partir del 15 de mayo.

---

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 06:31:58 -0500

Date:        Tue, 22 May 2001 06:09:15 -0500
    From:        [email-masked]
    Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>

  | A New Internet-Draft is available
  | 	Filename	: draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-13.txt

Note - the only change to this draft, from the -12 version, is to
the boilerplate text, and the copyright section way down at the end.

There is no change (large or small) to the meaningful text of the draft
at all (so there's no need to go reading to to attempt to find any).

On the other hand, by all means go read it and see if you can spot
any lurking errors that haven't been detected before.

The point of this is to attempt to get the draft into a state where
the IESG will allow it to be sent for IETF last call.   I am hoping
that Paul will be able to get the ADs to start that process now...

kre

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 08:59:38 -0500