Subject: Ftp-WG: FTP over SSL

From: Alun Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 07:58:52 -0500

At 05:52 AM 8/7/2001, you wrote:
>The ftp/ssl draft has been around now since 1997 and I feel it is time to
>ask for it to be put onto Standards Track.
>
>(see http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl-07.txt)
>
>Do people on these lists have strong views on this ?  I am struggling to
>find a path through the IETF processes for putting individual submissions
>onto Standards Track, so I'd love to know what others did.

I may have missed the wording, and certainly I don't have a copy in front 
of me right now, but it seems somewhat ambiguous whether the data socket in 
a protected transfer is terminated by simply closing the socket, or whether 
the sender should try to close the SSL session first, and then close the 
socket.  The client I've tried against simply closes the socket.

Alun.
~~~~

--
Texas Imperial Software   | Try WFTPD, the Windows FTP Server. Find us at
1602 Harvest Moon Place   | http://www.wftpd.com or email [email-masked]
Cedar Park TX 78613-1419  | VISA/MC accepted.  NT-based sites, be sure to
Fax/Voice +1(512)378-3246 | read details of WFTPD Pro for NT.