Subject: Ftp-WG: FEAT UTF-8 in review

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 02:14:05 -0500

> > The assertion in [RFC2640] that CR NUL
> > is not a Telnet end-of-line sequence is incorrect.
> ...
> > RFC1123 ... accept either CR LF or CR NUL
> > as representing Telnet end-of-line when received
> 
> Clients & servers should also liberally accept LF as
> Telnet end-of-line, yes?

No.  This is not a telnet end of line

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer     Kermit 95 2.0 GUI available now!!!
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University  SSH, Secure Telnet, Secure FTP, HTTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/            Secured with MIT Kerberos, SRP, and 
 [email-masked]               OpenSSL.

---

From: "Gregory A Lundberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:41:53 -0500

> No.  This is not a telnet end of line

Actually, it could be, but to be one required both ends to have been locally
configured to accept it as such; which the TELNET protocol allows.
Basically, TELNET end-of-line is whatever you want it to be, so long as it
does not conflict with the 96 displayable ASCII characters ( %x20-7E ).

---

From: "brawler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 16:17:54 -0500

unsubscribe