Subject: Ftp-WG: I-D: MFxx command extensions

From: "David Somers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:58:59 -0500

Hi,

I put together an I-D detailing some possible commands that would complement
the MLSx ones (in draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst).

The abstract is:

This document defines extensions to the FTP specification STD9,
RFC959, "FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOL (FTP)".  These extensions provide the
ability for a FTP Client to modify the last modification time, the
creation time, or multiple facts (last modification time, creation
time, operating system permissions, etc.) of a file in the server-FTP
process NVFS.  These extensions are implemented by three new optional
commands: "MFMT" (Modify File Modification Time), "MFCT" (Modify File
Creation Time), and "MFF" (Modify File Facts).

Available from:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-somers-ftp-mfxx-00.txt

All comments appreciated.

Regards,

David Somers

---

From: Marc Huber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:33:26 -0500

The draft looks fine, IMHO. Just two minor issues:

- For consistency with draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst, the facts "ModifyTime"
  and "CreateTime" should be renamed to "Modify" and "Create".
- The UNIX.perm value used in the examples should start with a
  leading "0" to indicate that the value is an octal number.

Marc