Subject: Ftp-WG: create and modification times

From: "David Somers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:14:30

> 1) Dave, what MUST servers do when asked to set a modification date which
> is earlier than the creation date?

I just reread draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-16.txt.

In section 7.5.4 it states that the value returned for a create fact can
never indicate a later time than the modify fact.

Perhaps that 'never' is a bit too strong, as I think the situation could
arise when the underlying file system does has a create date after the
modification date.

Cheers,

David.

---

From: "Alun Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:40:29

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ftp-wg-owner [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of David Somers
> Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 4:15 PM
> 

Did my post here go astray, or did I just dream that I made the point that a
zip file could be extracted, resulting in a file just now created, but whose
last modification time was some time ago?

Alun.
~~~~
-- 
Texas Imperial Software   | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email
1602 Harvest Moon Place   | [email-masked].
Cedar Park TX 78613-1419  | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers.
Fax/Voice +1(512)258-9858 | Try our NEW client software, WFTPD Explorer.