Subject: Ftp-WG: MFXX

From: "David Somers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:43:20

Dear list,

Masato Kataoka, who has implemented some of MFXX on his FTP server
(http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA027031/orenosv/) pointed out that between
drafts -00 and -01 that I've changed the names of the standad facts.

In somers-mfxx-00 the standard facts were ModifyTime and CreateTime. In
draft -01 I changed these to Modify and Create. This was done so that the
facts would align with ftpext-mlst-16 (and is my mistake for not getting it
right in draft -00).

Obviously, this change could break clients/servers which implement
draft -00.

Now, I know this document is an internet-DRAFT, so things like this can
happen (implementation break when a new draft is produced), but would
anybody have any problems/objections if I say that ModifyTime and CreateTime
should be allowed as aliases for the Modify and Create facts by the
server-PI when processing the MFF command, and by the client-PI when
processing the 213 responses? Furthermore, this only applies to facts for
MFXX and not MSLX.

Comments/criticism welcome.

David Somers