Subject: Ftp-WG: MFXX

From: "David Somers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:53:58

Dear All,

I plan to get draft draft-somers-ftp-mfxx-02 out real-soon-now.

I've made some minor editorial changes.

The biggest change is to add the following text. All comments/criticisms
welcome.

If the NVFS supports the concept of creation times and modification times,
it is RECOMMENDED that server-PI give priority to setting the modification
time, even if that means to set the modification time requested by the
client-PI that the server-PI must also change the creation time. An example
is if the requested modification time is prior to the current creation time
and the NVFS does not permit the modification time to be prior to the
creation time; the only way to set the modification time in such a situation
is to first change the creation time to a time before of the same as the
requested modification time. Generally speaking, it is more important for
the modification time to be valid than the creation time, as the
modification time is typically used to perform object synchronization
between hosts.

Cheers from Luxembourg,

David Somers