Subject: mystique

From: Moore Cyrus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:49:21 +0200

SREA Continues To Rocket, UP Another 29% By Close!

Score One Inc. (SREA)
$0.40 UP 29%

The watchers are right, SREA keeps climbing. The Market Makers are
raking it in. Act fast and you can too. Look at the numbers and get on
SREA first thing Thursday!

Built-in installer now properly detects errors that arise during
activation of the iptables script.

Packages are available for download on our SourceForge downloads page.

Search by object's name or a value of its attribute is also possible.
targets ACCEPT, DROP, REJECT, MARK and others are converted to the
corresponding fwbuilder policy rule actions.
For iptables this action is translated into user-defined chain.

All object dialogs have been converted into built-in panels that appear
in the right hand part of the main window.

In addition to the "Find" function, the "Find and replace" operation has
been implemented.

This allows you to mark some interfaces to be skipped by the compiler
when it picks interfaces for ACL rules. Compilers for iptables, ipfw,
ipf and PIX generate bunch of rules matching each address read from the
file. The object can be configured to read the file at compile time or
at run time. Both installers were updated however to improve support for
the automatic roll-back feature in case you lose connect with the
firewall or the router because of an error in the policy. This action is
only supported by compilers for iptables, PF and ipfw. This service
object is only supported by compilers for iptables and PF. I've uploaded
these packages to our SourceForge download page.

Supported by compilers for iptables, ipf and ipfw Branch:  This action
is used to create a branch in the rule set. In combination with
automatic roll-back, installation process is pretty reliable.

This allows fwbedit to quickly create objects and still ensure their IDs
are unique fwbedit Fwbedit can now create objects and repair broken
object database.

Search by object's name or a value of its attribute is also possible.
The GUI now starts either into an empty database or opens data file
specified on the command line.

fw for both when it copies them to the firewall. It is now possible to
generate rules to mark packets in the OUTPUT chain of the mangle table.
Virtual addresses added for NAT are considered to be a side effect and
connections should not be implicitly permitted to them by a rule with fw
object in destination. Each policy rule now has rule element
"Interface".
In combination with automatic roll-back, installation process is pretty
reliable.

This makes compiler use option "established" in rules it generates if it
is supported by the firewall platform. Ability to search for objects
using regular expressions matching their names or attributes has been
added. Firewall object now has an attribute "inactive".

This action is only supported by compilers for iptables and ipfw.

Instead, this release adds two major new features: support for Cisco IOS
access lists and a framework to import existing firewall or router
configuration. It is now possible to generate rules to mark packets in
the OUTPUT chain of the mangle table.
For example, Windows can convert more limited set of service names
compared to Linux or BSD. We still have quite a bit of work to do
though, particularly localization has only began. This is still an early
stage of beta testing and I am pretty sure there are bugs. Compiler for
iptables generates shell code to read the contents of the file when
firewall configuration is activated.

Ability to search for objects using regular expressions matching their
names or attributes has been added.

Interface objects are created as parser finds them in the script.
GUI crash in a situation when one of the res To avoid inadvertently
opening holes in the firewall by a rule like that, we remove fw object
only when it is safe to do so.
We'll remove this suffix when final version is released. Run-time
DNSName objects rely on the target firewall software to be able to
convert symbolic names used in rules into actual IP addresses at a time
when policy is activated. This action is translated into ROUTE target
for iptables and route option for PF and ipfilter. Although importer can
only interpret a subset of IOS configuration commands, other commands
that it does not understand will be ignored and should not affect
operation. See Release Notes for the complete list.

Each policy rule now has rule element "Interface". The object can be
configured to read the file at compile time or at run time.
all recognized iptables rules are imported and interface and direction
are set in all rules appropriately. The name of the chain is the name of
the branch choosen by administrator. "log", "log-input", "fragments",
"established" keywords are supported and translated into rule or object
options as appropriate. Support for IP option "lsrr" has been added in
compiler for ipfilter. Keeping track of dependencies between objects.

Since router ACLs have no state, all rules should be created in the
policy pretty much like you do it on the router, including rules that
permit reply packets.
SNAT, DNAT, MASQUERADING, REDIRECT and NETMAP targets and their
parameters are recognized in the NAT rules. For example, Windows can
convert more limited set of service names compared to Linux or BSD.

Rules that had chain INPUT in the imported script will have firewall
object in "destination" in the corresponding fwbuilder rules.
targets LOG and ULOG are converted to the "logging" option in fwbuilder
rules with action "Continue". targets LOG and ULOG are converted to the
"logging" option in fwbuilder rules with action "Continue". All three
installation methods that were available for PIX are now available for
routers: you can make it clear all access lists and then load new ones
or just update access lists without clearing.

This action is only supported by compilers for iptables and PF. Built-in
installer now properly detects errors that arise during activation of
the iptables script. Search by object's name or a value of its attribute
is also possible.