Subject: [ftpext] Fwd: FW: New Version Notification for draft-liu-ftpext2-ftp64-00.txt

From: Liu Dapeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:16:12 +0800

Hello All,

We update the ftp64 draft. Your comment and review is appreciated.

regards,
Dapeng Liu
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dapeng Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: 2013/7/16
Subject: FW: New Version Notification for draft-liu-ftpext2-ftp64-00.txt
To: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:57 AM
To: Dapeng Liu; Iljitsch van Beijnum; Hui Deng; Zhen Cao
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-liu-ftpext2-ftp64-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-liu-ftpext2-ftp64-00.txt has been successfully
submitted by Dapeng Liu and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-liu-ftpext2-ftp64
Revision:        00
Title:           Recommendations for FTP Clients and Servers in the
IPv6/IPv4 Transition Scenario
Creation date:   2013-07-15
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 7
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-ftpext2-ftp64-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-ftpext2-ftp64
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-ftpext2-ftp64-00

Abstract:
   The File transfer protocol, which was originally defined in RFC 114
   and published in 1971, well before TCP and IP were created.  However,
   it is still in wide use.  Many FTP servers implement RFC 959, which
   requires IPv4.  RFC 2428 defines extensions that allow FTP to work
   over IPv6 by introducing the EPRT and EPSV commands.  When IPv6 FTP
   clients attempt to communicate with IPv4 FTP servers through an
   IPv6-IPv4 translator, only certain combinations of FTP client and
   server behavior lead to successful file transfers.  This document
   proposes the best current practice for IPv6 FTP client
   implementations in the IPv6-IPv4 translation scenario, allowing file
   transfers to succeed without the presence of an ALG (Application
   Layer Gateway).

The IETF Secretariat

-- 

------
Best Regards,
Dapeng Liu