Subject: [Gendispatch] Genart last call review of draft-eggert-bcp45bis-06

From: Elwyn Davies via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 14:58:42 -0700

Reviewer: Elwyn Davies
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-eggert-bcp45bis-06
Reviewer: Elwyn Davies
Review Date: 2021-10-31
IETF LC End Date: 2021-11-23
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary: Ready with nits.  The body of the document appears fine, but the
Abstract doesn't provide much insight into the content of the document.

Major issues:
None

Minor issues:
None

Nits/editorial comments:
Abstract:, para 1:  Suggest adding a sentence or two to explain what the
document actually does., e.g.:

s/... mailing list./...mailing list; this document provides guidance on the
intended scope of discussions appropriate for the mailing list as currently
envisaged while indicating certain types of postings that would be
inappropriate. In neither case are the lists considered exhaustive.   The
mailing list is intended to operate with self-moderation overseen by member(s)
of the Sergeants-at-Arms (SAA) team.  This document sets out the processes by
which SAAs monitoring this mailing list are appointed and removed together with
their powers as regards control of posting to the list../