Subject: [GGIE] Meeting in Prague, IETF 104

From: "Leslie Daigle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 17:14:07 -0500

Hi,

I don’t think we reached any kind of closure on our discussion, after 
IETF 103, about the form or function of this group within the IETF.  
And, it seems like it might be helpful to have a broader audience weigh 
in on those questions, than just the folks subscribed here and still 
reading this.

So, I propose 2 separate sessions at IETF 104:

1/ We’ll find a slot to talk about options for formalizing this group 
within the IETF universe (or decide not to).

2/ We’ll have our regular get together to talk through technical 
topics of interest.

Suggestions for technical topics of interest are hereby solicited!

Leslie.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie Daigle
Principal, ThinkingCat Enterprises
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Ali C. Begen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 16:02:16 +0300

Unfortunately, IETF is in the same week as MPEG in Geneva. There was a
topic I wanted to bring up in this group and I will share a write up if I
get the time.

But at the higher level, I still stand behind what I said earlier in terms
of forming a research group for our subject. Still interested in hearing
the feedback from the larger group. Just want to mention that the MPEG
folks might also provide some input. I asked whether it would be possible
to have a GGIE meeting colocated with MPEG before, but that never happened.
So maybe at least this group will consider making an input contribution to
MPEG that could be presented in the plenary and/or mailing list. This way,
some feedback might be received.

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 1:14 AM Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don’t think we reached any kind of closure on our discussion, after IETF
> 103, about the form or function of this group within the IETF. And, it
> seems like it might be helpful to have a broader audience weigh in on those
> questions, than just the folks subscribed here and still reading this.
>
> 2/ We’ll have our regular get together to talk through technical topics of
> interest.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Leslie Daigle
> _______________________________________________
> GGIE mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ggie
>

---

From: "Leslie Daigle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 12:25:09 -0500

Hi Ali,

Well, we’ll miss you in Prague.  Would love to have the write up of 
your topic, if you have time.

WRT the larger picture — right now, I’m focused on corralling video 
interests at and within the IETF.    What are the topics people are 
working at the IETF, and how can we best form ourselves to continue to 
have those conversations in an ongoing fashion.

There is, indeed, a separate conversation to be had about coordination 
in the industry, and maybe an eventual meeting co-located with MPEG.  
But, that’s a separate conversation.

Leslie.

-- 

On 30 Jan 2019, at 8:02, Ali C. Begen wrote:

>> topics of