Subject: [Hipsec] New PyHIP release.

From: [email-masked] (Andrew McGregor)
Date: Sat Jul 19 07:38:03 2003

--==========1808479384==========
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

There is a new PyHIP release at:

<http://www.sharemation.com/adm01bass/pyhip-2003-07-19.tar.bz2>

This includes all interoperability changes from the Vienna IETF, corrected=20
documentation, and a copy of one of the python libraries required as that=20
was patched to make it work.

This version moved several Mb of data between Vienna and Christchurch New=20
Zealand during the meeting, and interoperated with the HUT implementation.

Mobility support is still not implemented, although the beginning=20
infrastructure is started.  This requires a fairly large refactor to=20
complete (every operation that manipulates an IP address potentially=20
requires a change).

Some versions of PyCrypto have an error in the 3DES algorithm that prevents =

interoperability (although similar instances can communicate, they will be=20
using a different key from that which they negotiated).  If you strike=20
this, upgrade PyCrypto or disable 3DES (comment out the list elements at=20
HIPState.py lines 58, 64 and 65) and use Blowfish or AES instead.

Andrew
--==========1808479384==========
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--==========1808479384==========--

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Moskowitz)
Date: Wed Jul 23 13:48:01 2003

This is the only message sent to the list before I did the mass subscription...

>From: Andrew McGregor <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>Subject: [Hipsec] New PyHIP release.
>Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:52:33 +0200
>
>
>*** PGP Signature Status: good
>*** Signer: Andrew McGregor <[email-masked]> (Invalid)
>*** Signed: 7/19/2003 4:52:41 AM
>*** Verified: 7/23/2003 11:06:47 AM
>*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
>
>This includes all interoperability changes from the Vienna IETF, corrected 
>documentation, and a copy of one of the python libraries required as that 
>This version moved several Mb of data between Vienna and Christchurch New 
>Mobility support is still not implemented, although the beginning 
>infrastructure is started.  This requires a fairly large refactor to 
>complete (every operation that manipulates an IP address potentially 
>requires a change).
>
>Some versions of PyCrypto have an error in the 3DES algorithm that 
>prevents interoperability (although similar instances can communicate, 
>they will be using a different key from that which they negotiated).  If 
>you strike this, upgrade PyCrypto or disable 3DES (comment out the list 
>elements at HIPState.py lines 58, 64 and 65) and use Blowfish or AES instead.
>
>Andrew
>
>*** END PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***