Subject: [Hipsec] interoperability summary from IETF59

From: [email-masked] (Miika Komu)
Date: Thu Mar 4 10:58:02 2004

Interoperability tests during IETF59 were based on the 09 draft. Only base
exchange was subject to testing.

Boeing-Ericsson:

  Interoped fully with Ericsson v4.  v6 did not quite work-- problems
  with ssh returning prompt (perhaps due to reverse lookups) and TCP
  resets crashing the Boeing machine when we tried Telnet.

Boeing-HIPL:

  Interoped fully with HIPL for v6 (worked smoothly the first time we
  tried!).

Boeing-Sun:

  Interoped the handshake with Julien for v6, except he has a problem
  with his cookie puzzle solution and did not implement IPsec support.

Ericsson-HIPL:

  Successful already just before IETF.

Ericsson-Sun:

  Partial success. Julian's cookies are broken and IPsec support is not
  implemented. There may have been some other problems too.

Sun-HIPL:

  Successful except HIPL had to turn off cookie validation because
  Julien's cookies were invalid. Julien has not IPsec support yet.

Andrew:

  Andrew's python based HIP implementation was not up-to-date with the 09
  draft, so it was not tested.

-- 
Miika Komu              [email-masked]          http://www.iki.fi/miika/