Subject: [Hipsec] Base HIP draft 10-pre1 -version available

From: [email-masked] (Petri Jokela)
Date: Fri Mar 26 08:09:02 2004

Folks,

the pre1 snapshot of the next base HIP draft is now available at:

http://hip4inter.net/drafts.php

There are txt and html versions of the doc, as well as diff from 09. The 
diff seems not to work correctly after NOTIFY TLV; htmlwdiff thinks that 
everything has changed....

Roundup issue tracker is at:
http://hip4inter.net/cgi-bin/roundup.cgi/hip-base/index

Some notes:

- issue 21: REJECT mechanism

NOTIFY packet added for sending information (errors etc.)
   o I modified the original text provided by Thomas and added the
     possibility to put multiple NOTIFY TLVs in the packet
   o Proposal to define hierarchical errors is not included
   o Question: should the NOTIFY TLV be renamed? Just to avoid future
     confusion between NOTIFY packet and NOTIFY TLV.

- issue 30: UPDATE RACE condition
text added in 8.10

- (no issue number) UPDATE 8.10:
new bullet 2 for handling packets with unknown UPDATE ID, limited the 
storing of incoming UPDATE ID to INITIAL update packets only.

- issue 28: LSI removal
included text from Thomas

- issue 27: In HOST_ID
FQDN is replace with a new Domain Identifier

- issue 23: Retransmitted I2s.
I added the text and state machine provided earlier by Pekka. There is 
now a new R2-SENT state in the state machine. This certainly is not the 
final version, as discussion is still going on.

Issues 12, 15, 19, 20, 22, 26 are related to the RESYNC process that may 
be removed from the base draft. I haven't touched them in the pre1-version.

Other open issues

Issue 29: Type 2 HITs; how to define these
Issue 31: The LSI issue was closed after changing the text, but the 
1.0.0.0/8 issue remained.

/petri

-- 
Petri Jokela                        Tel:    +358 9 299 2413
Research scientist                  Fax:    +358 9 299 3535
NomadicLab, Ericsson Research       Mobile: +358 44 299 2413
Oy L M Ericsson Ab                  email: [email-masked]