Subject: [Hipsec] IETF65 interoperability summary

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:19:44 +0300 (EEST)

Jeff, Jan, Kristian and me did some interopping every now and then during
the past two weeks. The following features were successfully interoperated
both on IPv4 and IPv6:

  * Base exchange
  * CLOSE
  * Rekeying without new DH

The following features still need to interoperated:

  * Mobility and multihoming extensions
  * Rekeying with DH

The interops were based on base-05, esp-02, mm-03 and khi-00. We did not
find any errors from the drafts, and all of the problems were just
implementation problems. Most of the problems were related to handling of
the ESP_INFO and new KHI.

Since I am writing this email, I'll also add a small advertisement here :)
InfraHIP HIPL implementation was interoperated first time in full
userspace mode, based on our on-going efforts on Linux kernel 2.6.x BEET
IPsec mode:

http://infrahip.hiit.fi/beet/simple-beet-patch-v1.0-2.6.13.1
http://infrahip.hiit.fi/beet/interfamily-beet-patch-v1.0-2.6.13.1

The beet directory also contains patches for later kernels (with BEET
pseudoheader implemented). Special thanks for Diego Beltrami and Herbert
Xu for their dedication on the patches. We are working on to polish and
finalize the patches to get them accepted in the vanilla kernel.

The implementations are available for download from the following URLs:

http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/
http://www.openhip.org/
http://www.hip4inter.net/

-- 
Miika Komu              [email-masked]          http://www.iki.fi/miika/

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec