Subject: [Hipsec] draft-schmitt-hip-nat-traversal-02.txt

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:10:40 +0300 (EEST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

         Title           : HIP Extensions for the Traversal of Network
                           Address Translators
         Author(s)       : V. Schmitt, et al.
         Filename        : draft-schmitt-hip-nat-traversal-02.txt
         Pages           : 33
         Date            : 2006-10-19

This document specifies extensions to Host Identity Protocol (HIP) to
    support traversal of Network Address Translator (NAT) middleboxes.
    The traversal mechanism tunnels HIP control and data traffic over UDP
    and enables HIP initiators which MAY be behind NATs to contact HIP
    responders which MAY be behind another NAT.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schmitt-hip-nat-traversal-02.txt

A brief diff with the to previous version:
* NAT holepunching does not assume anymore end-point independent filtering
* Lot's of small corrections from Lauri Silvennoinen related to his
   implementation efforts

The issue tracker:
http://hip4inter.net/cgi-bin/roundup.cgi/hip-nat/index

-- 
Miika Komu                                       http://www.iki.fi/miika/

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:30:44 +0200 (EET)

> http://hip4inter.net/cgi-bin/roundup.cgi/hip-nat/index

We are going to split this NAT draft into two pieces unless there are some 
objections. The reason for the split is to keep the drafts more focused 
and small size. The first part consists of the base exchange, close and 
esp descriptions. The second part will contain a more detailed description 
of the mobility and multihoming handling. The mobility draft will 
be available by the Prague meeting.