Subject: [Hipsec] Traffic visibility using IPsec ESP NULL encryption

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 11:35:11 +0200 (EET)

FYI,

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

         Title           : Traffic visibility using IPsec ESP NULL 
encryption
         Author(s)       : K. Grewal, et al.
         Filename        : draft-grewal-ipsec-traffic-visibility-00.txt
         Pages           : 8
         Date            : 2008-1-3

    This document describes leveraging UDP encapsulation for IPsec, using
    ESP NULL encryption in order for intermediary devices to inspect the
    IPsec packets. Currently in the IPsec standard, there is no way to
    differentiate between ESP encryption and ESP NULL encryption by
    simply examining a packet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-grewal-ipsec-traffic-visibility-00.txt

-- 
Miika Komu                                       http://www.iki.fi/miika/

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:42:56 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008, Miika Komu wrote:

>        Title           : Traffic visibility using IPsec ESP NULL encryption

There seemed to be another draft which might interest some folks:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories. This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression 
Working Group of the IETF.

         Title           : IPsec Extensions to Support Robust Header
                           Compression over IPsec (RoHCoIPsec)
         Author(s)       : E. Ertekin, et al.
         Filename        : draft-ietf-rohc-ipsec-extensions-hcoipsec-01.txt
         Pages           : 10
         Date            : 2008-1-4

    Integrating RoHC with IPsec (RoHCoIPsec) offers the combined benefits
    of IP security services and efficient bandwidth utilization.  Before
    this can be realized, however, several extensions to the Security
    Policy Database (SPD), the Security Association Database (SAD), and
    the IPsec process are required.  This document describes the IPsec
    extensions required to support RoHCoIPsec.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-ipsec-extensions-hcoipsec-01.txt

P.S. Sorry, perhaps hipsec-rg would have been a better channel for these.