Subject: [Hipsec] [Fwd: HIP NAT Traversal using NICE]

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 13:47:35 +0300

Hi,

FYI: I just sent the email below to the MMUSIC mailing list.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: HIP NAT Traversal using NICE
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 13:47:08 +0300
From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
To: mmusic <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked], David Ward <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked], [email-masked]

Folks involved in the MMUSIC WG,

the HIP WG is developing a NAT traversal solution that is based on NICE:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-03.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-mmusic-ice-nonsip-00.txt

This means that we depend on the NICE draft to have a working NAT
traversal solution for HIP. However, from the presentation of this draft
in the last IETF, it is not clear to us whether or not the MMUSIC WG is
going to work on this draft.

The HIP WG would like to encourage the MMUSIC WG to work on this
specification, since we need it. If the MMUSIC WG decides not to do so,
the HIP WG will most likely copy/paste the contents of the NICE draft in
our NAT traversal spec. However, we believe that having a stand-alone
NICE specification can be useful for protocols other than HIP that will
decide to use ICE for NAT traversal in the future.

A clarification of the status of this work in the MMUSIC WG would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Gonzalo
HIP WG co-chair

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec