Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-applications-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 14:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using the Host Identity Protocol with Legacy Applications
	Author(s)       : T. Henderson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-applications-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2008-06-28

This document is an informative overview of how legacy applications
can be made to work with the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  HIP
proposes to add a cryptographic name space for network stack names.
>From an application viewpoint, HIP-enabled systems support a new
address family of host identifiers, but it may be a long time until
such HIP-aware applications are widely deployed even if host systems
are upgraded.  This informational document discusses implementation
and Application Programming Interface (API) issues relating to using
HIP in situations in which the system is HIP-aware but the
applications are not, and is intended to aid implementors and early
adopters in thinking about and locally solving systems issues
regarding the incremental deployment of HIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-applications-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec