Subject: [Hipsec] RFC 6078 on Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Immediate Carriage and Conveyance of Upper-Layer Protocol Signaling (HICCUPS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:34:13 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6078

        Title:      Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Immediate 
                    Carriage and Conveyance of Upper-Layer Protocol 
                    Signaling (HICCUPS) 
        Author:     G. Camarillo, J. Melen
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 41482
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-hiccups-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6078.txt

This document defines a new Host Identity Protocol (HIP) packet type
called DATA.  HIP DATA packets are used to reliably convey
authenticated arbitrary protocol messages over various overlay
networks.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC