Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 00:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Native NAT Traversal Mode for the Host Identity Protocol
	Author(s)       : A. Keranen, J. Melen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-01-28

This document specifies a new Network Address Translator (NAT)
traversal mode for the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  The new mode is
based on the Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) methodology
and UDP encapsulation of data and signaling traffic.  The main
difference from the previously specified modes is the use of HIP
messages for all NAT traversal procedures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Ari Keranen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:23:51 +0200

Hi all,

This update changes the intended status of the draft from Experimental to Standards Track and references the bis-versions of the base drafts instead of the experimental ones. Also, we added a note about the fact that HIP v2 should be used instead of v1 and made a few editorial fixes.

Cheers,
Ari