Subject: [Hipsec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-hip-rfc5202-bis-05.txt> (Using the Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) Transport Format with the Host Identity Protocol (HIP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 09:07:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Host Identity Protocol WG (hip)
to consider the following document:
- 'Using the Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) Transport Format with
   the Host Identity Protocol (HIP)'
  <draft-ietf-hip-rfc5202-bis-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo specifies an Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP) based
   mechanism for transmission of user data packets, to be used with the
   Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  This document obsoletes RFC 5202.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5202-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5202-bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.