Subject: [Hipsec] Next steps in the WG

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 10:39:34 +0300

Hi,

with the publication of RFC 7401 and 7402 we have completed a
publication batch. Now it is time to start working on the next one.
These are the remaining WG items we have on our charter:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/hip/documents/

Their respective authors, could you please send a status update to this
list? We need to know the current status of all drafts, the next steps,
and also important, whether you have enough energy to put into this work
at this point.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 00:48:45 -0700

Hi Gonzalo,

The Native NAT traversal draft was recently updated to align with 
updated 5203bis. Now the plan is to write some more text about the 
relaying details and post a new version when that's done. Then we could 
get some reviews and perhaps move to WGLC.

Cheers,
Ari

On 13/04/15 00:39, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec
>

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 08:01:13 -0400

Miika and I are working to finish 4423-bis.

Outside of the WG, Rene and I are working to finish HIP-DEX.  I can 
submit this as an independent submission, or the workgroup can submit 
it.  I should note that it is now being referenced by Zigbee (and IEEE 
802.15.9), so I really have to finish it.

Further outside, we finally have a draft for SSE:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-sse/

Including the IPR from my prior employer that insisted that I patent it 
and I insisted that it had to be freely available to the IETF. Of course 
SSE needs a KMP, and HIP is a logical choice.  The SSE authors will be 
applying for a BOF at Prague. The mailing list for SSE is SIESTA.

---

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 07:14:34 -0700

Hi Gonzalo,

>From my perspective 5203bis, 5204bis, and 5205bis are ready to move
forward. 5203 bis has recently expired and I will be resubmitting a
fresh version shortly that addresses a couple of outstanding nits that
Ari pointed out earlier
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hipsec/current/msg04006.html>
(Thanks Ari!)

--julien

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:45:27 +0300

Hi Julien,

let's have these three drafts as our next batch. I am going to start
WGLCs on 5204bis and 5205bis right away, and will WGLC 5203bis as well
as soon as you submit the revision.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

---

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 08:07:37 -0700

Hi Gonzalo,

Great. I have just submitted the revision of 5203-bis(-07) that
addresses Ari's outstanding comment:

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-hip-rfc5203-bis-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Julien Laganier and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-hip-rfc5203-bis
Revision:       07
Title:          Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Registration Extension
Document date:  2015-04-18
Group:          hip
Pages:          14
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5203-bis-07.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5203-bis/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5203-bis-07
Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hip-rfc5203-bis-07

Abstract:
   This document specifies a registration mechanism for the Host
   Identity Protocol (HIP) that allows hosts to register with services,
   such as HIP rendezvous servers or middleboxes.  This document
   obsoletes RFC5203.

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:10:05 +0300

Hi Julien,

thanks for revising the draft and addressing the comments. I have just
started its WGLC.

Cheers,

Gonzalo