Subject: [Hipsec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-hip-rfc5205-bis-08.txt> (Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Domain Name System (DNS) Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 15:59:22 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Host Identity Protocol WG (hip)
to consider the following document:
- 'Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Domain Name System (DNS) Extension'
  <draft-ietf-hip-rfc5205-bis-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a new resource record (RR) for the Domain
   Name System (DNS), and how to use it with the Host Identity Protocol
   (HIP).  This RR allows a HIP node to store in the DNS its Host
   Identity (HI, the public component of the node public-private key
   pair), Host Identity Tag (HIT, a truncated hash of its public key),
   and the Domain Names of its rendezvous servers (RVSs).  This document
   obsoletes RFC5205.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5205-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5205-bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.