Subject: [Hipsec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-hip-rfc5204-bis-06.txt> (Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Rendezvous Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 15:58:47 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Host Identity Protocol WG (hip)
to consider the following document:
- 'Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Rendezvous Extension'
  <draft-ietf-hip-rfc5204-bis-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a rendezvous extension for the Host Identity
   Protocol (HIP).  The rendezvous extension extends HIP and the HIP
   registration extension for initiating communication between HIP nodes
   via HIP rendezvous servers.  Rendezvous servers improve reachability
   and operation when HIP nodes are multi-homed or mobile.  This
   document obsoletes RFC5204.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5204-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5204-bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.