Subject: [Hipsec] Please refresh my memory on HIP_SIGNATURE in UPDATE

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 19:19:40 +0100

I cannot remember why we mandated HIP_SIGNATURE in UPDATE packet, 
particularly when we have the HIP_MAC.  Sec 5.3.5 in 7401.

I am sure we had a good reason, but I am not finding it....

thanks

Bob

---

From: Tom Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 21:19:12 -0700 (PDT)

> I am sure we had a good reason, but I am not finding it....

For middleboxes; this dates back to section 6.1.1 of
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nikander-hip-mm-00

- Tom

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 07:44:22 +0100

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nikander-hip-mm-00

Ah yes, those nasty guys in the middle by policy.  In a perfect IPv6 
mobile world they don't exist, but we know otherwise...

Thanks for the refresher.

Bob