Subject: [Hipsec] Relaying to non-hip aware servers

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:46:41 -0400

Where did we describe connections from a mobile hip-aware host to a 
legacy non-HIP 'stable' server.

I thought it was HIPBONE (as it is not what HIP nat traversal is about), 
but I am not seeing this function there.

Basically, the Mobile host has its HIP SA with a relay that decapsulates 
the ESP traffic onto legacy Internet.

This can cause some nasty routing scenarios unless the HIP host can 
treat a group of relays as multihome interfaces or the like and use the 
best relay for any connection.  Which would drive TCP/UDP crazy though?

I recall through the window, darkly, that we had these discussions. But 
my search foo is weak and I am not finding them.

Bob

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 17:02:01 +0300

Hi Robert,

> my search foo is weak and I am not finding them.

proxy HIP:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-melen-hip-proxy-02
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-hiprg-proxies-05

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 10:15:24 -0400

>> my search foo is weak and I am not finding them.

proxy.  like I said weak search foo....

thanks