Subject: [Hipsec] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-hip-rfc5206-bis-13: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 00:15:47 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-hip-rfc5206-bis-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5206-bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a couple of minor nearly DISCUSSes that should be easy to fix:

This document doesn't have "Changes since RFC XXXX" section as required
for any -bis document. Can you please convert Appendix A to be such a
section?

As this is a -bis document that obsoletes the original RFC 5206, its IANA
Considerations section should be self contained. I think you should 
mention that IANA has allocated type 193 for LOCATOR_SET and type 46 for
LOCATOR_TYPE_UNSUPPORTED Notify Message Type, as specified in RFC 5206.

---

From: Tom Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 22:22:49 -0700 (PDT)

Alexey, thank you for the comments; please see below.

Agreed (others have asked the same).

> LOCATOR_TYPE_UNSUPPORTED Notify Message Type, as specified in RFC 5206.

Agreed, we got some guidance earlier this summer on how to write this better; I will apply to the next version.

- Tom
h