Subject: [Hipsec] Protocol Action: 'Host Mobility with the Host Identity Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-hip-rfc5206-bis-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 06:32:15 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Host Mobility with the Host Identity Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-hip-rfc5206-bis-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Suresh Krishnan and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5206-bis/

Technical Summary

  This document defines mobility extensions to the Host Identity
  Protocol (HIP).  Specifically, this document defines a general
  "LOCATOR_SET" parameter for HIP messages that allows for a HIP host
  to notify peers about alternate addresses at which it may be
  reached.  This document also defines elements of procedure for
  mobility of a HIP host -- the process by which a host dynamically
  changes the primary locator that it uses to receive packets.  While
  the same LOCATOR_SET parameter can also be used to support end-host
  multihoming, detailed procedures are out of scope for this document.
  This document obsoletes RFC 5206.

Working Group Summary

   There was WG consensus behind this document. 

Document Quality

   As discussed in RFC 6538, there are several implementations of the
  Experimental HIP specs. At least HIP for Linux and OpenHIP will be
  updated to comply with the new standards-track specs like this one.

Personnel

   Gonzalo Camarillo is the documetn shepherd. Terry Manderson is the
  responsible area director.