Subject: [Hipsec] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-28: (with COMMENT)

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 18:18:56 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-28: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm balloting No Objection, but I'm watching the discussion in Eric's ballot
thread about reusing pieces of ICE, and I look forward to some discussion about
the provisions being made for middleboxes in this draft - I'm not denying that
such things exist, only that it would be best if we understood why middleboxes
are needed for this usage.