Subject: [Hipsec] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-28: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 13:44:12 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-28: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Like Benjamin, I also found the relationship between this document and ICE
somewhat confusing until the very end (Appendix B).  The attempt to "follow ICE
methodology but reuse HIP messaging format to achieve the same functionality"
results in lack of clarity, so I also agree with Eric's opinion that a rewrite
would help, and support his DISCUSS.