Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-dex-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 08:49:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Rene Hummen
                          Miika Komu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-dex-11.txt
	Pages           : 52
	Date            : 2019-10-31

Abstract:
   This document specifies the Host Identity Protocol Diet EXchange (HIP
   DEX), a variant of the Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2).  The
   HIP DEX protocol design aims at reducing the overhead of the employed
   cryptographic primitives by omitting public-key signatures and hash
   functions.

   The HIP DEX protocol is primarily designed for computation or memory-
   constrained sensor/actuator devices.  Like HIPv2, it is expected to
   be used together with a suitable security protocol such as the
   Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP) for the protection of upper layer
   protocol data.  In addition, HIP DEX can also be used as a keying
   mechanism for security primitives at the MAC layer, e.g., for IEEE
   802.15.4 networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-dex/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hip-dex-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-hip-dex-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hip-dex-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/