Subject: [Hipsec] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-hierarchical-hit-05.txt

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 11:23:50 -0400

Some text clean up and references to historical HHIT proposals.

Big item is changing hierarchy for 14/18 to 16/16 per earlier discussion.

We still need discussions on DNS formats.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-moskowitz-hip-hierarchical-hit-05.txt
Date: 	Wed, 13 May 2020 08:20:20 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>, Stuart Card 
<[email-masked]>, Adam Wiethuechter 
<[email-masked]>, Stuart W. Card 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-hierarchical-hit-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-moskowitz-hip-hierarchical-hit
Revision: 05
Title: Hierarchical HITs for HIPv2
Document date: 2020-05-12
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 11
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-hierarchical-hit-05.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hip-hierarchical-hit/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-hierarchical-hit-05
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-hierarchical-hit
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moskowitz-hip-hierarchical-hit-05

Abstract:
This document describes using a hierarchical HIT to facilitate large
deployments of managed devices. Hierarchical HITs differ from HIPv2
flat HITs by only using 64 bits for mapping the Host Identity,
freeing 32 bits to bind in a hierarchy of Registering Entities that
provide services to the consumers of hierarchical HITs.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat