Subject: [hrpc] Three new Case studies to discuss

From: Corinne Cath <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 20:50:09 +0000

Dear all,

How are you? I am sending three new cases for the list to discuss. The
first two are based on my master research, the last one is a new case I
wrote recently.

The first is on status 451, the second on middleboxes and the last on DDoS.

The idea of these cases is to cast the focus wider than we have done so far
with the HTTP, XMPP, peer-to-peer etc mapping of cases of protocols  that
are being exploited or are enablers. But stopping short of looking at
protocol transcending considerations, which would be the logical next step
after we debate the 3 cases I present to you now.

I will send them one by one, to avoid overly complicating the discussion
and to ensure we can have a focused conversation-thread on each of the
issues.

I am sure that you will all have a lot to say on these topics, I believe
Stephane especially will have a field day with my blurb about DDoS, and I
look forward to your comments.

Best,

Corinne