Subject: [hrpc] CFP: Workshop on Value-sensitive Design of Internet-based Services: Towards an Integration of Technology and Values

From: "Bless, Roland (TM)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 16:18:16 +0200

Hi,

this might be of interest for the community here.

Call for Papers
---------------
Workshop on Value-sensitive Design of Internet-based Services: Towards
an Integration of Technology and Values

29. September 2016, Klagenfurt, Austria

Internet-based services are increasingly important for our society. We
consume them on a daily basis for many different purposes, comprising
chat applications, social networks, shopping and the like. With the
Internet of Things and advanced applications such as smart cities and
smart home we are expecting huge potentials for a more sustainable
society at large, covering the economical, ecological and the social
dimension.
However, the provisioning of Internet-based services currently comes
with conflicting interests between the different stakeholder groups of
providers, consumers and governance actors.  A prominent example of such
a conflict is using consumer data as the “currency” for the consumption
of Internet-based services, e.g. delivered via mobile Apps. Resulting
conflicts between consumers and providers occur on a continuous basis,
as personal data is delivered to the provider and, thus, compromises the
privacy of the consumer. However, mostly the consumer is left without
any choice and, in this sense self-determination of the individual
consumer is limited. Governance actors have a different view which is
heavily motivated through societal values, such as human rights and
constitutional law or regulations and policy instruments. They can also
help finding a balance in the case of interest conflicts between
providers and consumers.
The workshop follows an interdisciplinary approach and specifically
focuses on research dealing with the different interests among
stakeholders in the context of designing and delivering Internet-based
services

Topics of interest:
- Transparency of Internet-based services
- Internet of People
- Business / economic value orientation in Internet-based services
- Privacy in a future Internet-based world
- Quality of experience
- Business Models of Internet-based services
- Customer-Co-Design
- Identity management and access control
- Responsible innovation
- Value-sensitive design
- User interaction with Internet-based services
- Values in network architectures and protocols
- Net neutrality
- Liability (legal) issues

Important Dates:
Submission deadline (German or English): 	6. May 2016
Notification of acceptance:			30. May 2016
Submission of final paper:			28. June 2016

Workshop Organizers:
Hannes Hartenstein, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Alexander Maedche, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Martina Zitterbart, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)

Program Committee:
Michael Beigl, KIT
Roland Bless, KIT
Jan vom Brocke, Universität Lichtenstein
Peter Buxmann, TU Darmstadt
Jan Marco Leimeister, Universität Kassel und Universität St. Gallen
Martin Gaedke, TU Chemnitz
Kurt Geihs, Universität Kassel
Tobias Hossfeld, Universität Duisburg-Essen
Frank Pallas, TU Berlin
Oliver Raabe, KIT
Peter Reichl, Universität Wien
Burkhard Stiller, Universität Zürich
Thorsten Strufe, TU Dresden

Author Guidelines:
The proceedings will be published at Lecture Notes in Informatics (LNI).
The general guidelines can be found at:
https://www.gi.de/index.php?id=171 . We accept the following types of
submissions:

Technical paper: max. 12 pages
Short paper: max. 4 pages

Please note that we will only accept submissions with at least one
author being registered for INFORMATIK 2016 by June, 28 2016! This is a
general policy for INFORMATIK 2016.

Please submit your paper as pdf-file to [email-masked]
You can find information about the workshop at
http://www.informatik2016.de/1186.html and at
http://telematics.tm.kit.edu/ValueSensitiveDesign.php