Subject: [hrpc] Ethics in Networked Systems

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 14:56:05 +0200

Hi all,

This seems of high relevance to our draft as well as hrpc in general:

http://networkedsystemsethics.net/

Best,

Niels

---

From: Corinne Cath <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 15:02:07 +0100

Dear all,

This is a great resource indeed. It was put together by Bendert
Zevenbergen, as an OTF project. I worked with Ben on this project at Oxford
and one of the things we did was organize a workshop at Green Templeton
College. On the basis of which we wrote this article:
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2666934 which might be
of interest.

Feel free to drop Ben or me an email if you have any further questions.

Best,

Corinne

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 1:56 PM, Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> hrpc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/hrpc
>
>

-- 

'The management of normality is hard work'

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 22:49:53 -0400

> http://networkedsystemsethics.net/

It's good. Section B is probably most relevant.

There are some difficult to reconcile contradictions. For example,
does one need to collect new data or can existing datasets be used
(for research) vs, elsewhere, why can't this dataset be deleted at the
end of the project (data retention issues)?

But nonetheless a very good breakdown of issues.

-- 
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | [email-masked]             | http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: +1 617-STD-WRLD       | 800-THE-WRLD
The World: Since 1989  | A Public Information Utility | *oo*