Subject: [hrpc] Call for Docs and Discussion Points hrpc session in Prague

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 13:05:54 +0200

Dear all,

Please submit documents, idea and discussion points for the hrpc agenda
for our session in Prague. For this session we requested a two hour
timeslot since the last couple of times we ran out of time.

We also decided to have one speaker instead of two or three to allow for
more time for discussion. For this we found Sandra Braman willing to
present. Sandra has done extensive research on the RFC-series and is
very interested to bring back her findings to our community (thanks
Roland Bless for pointing her work out on the list). More info on her
work can be found here:
https://cyber.harvard.edu/events/luncheons/2017/02/Braman
http://wilkins.law.harvard.edu/events/luncheons/2017-02-21_braman/2017-02-21_braman.pdf
http://people.tamu.edu/~braman/html/topicinternetdesign.html

In terms of documents I have:
- draft-tenoever-hrpc-association-00 whch we did not get to discuss last
time (there will be a new version before the session)

- draft-tenoever-hrpc-political-00 a new document honing in on the
discussion on whether protocols are political

- draft-tenoever-hrpc-anonymity-00 which is currently being progressed
by Joe Hall and Stephane Bortzmeyer

- and an update for the progress in the IRSG on draft-irtf-hrpc-research

That brings me to the following draft agenda:

Human Rights Protocols Considerations (hrpc) research group sessions at
#IETF99, $TIME, $DATE

- Beginning (5 min)
	Jabber scribe, note takers
	Agenda Bashing
	Notewell
	Introduction
- Status of research group & documents (2 min)
- Context of research (2 mins)
- Presentation + Q&A - Sandra Braman on RFCs, Public Policy and Rights
(50 mins)
- Discussion of draft-tenoever-hrpc-anonymity-01 (15 mins)
- Discussion of draft-tenoever-hrpc-association-01 (15 mins)
- Discussion of draft-tenoever-hrpc-political-00 (15 mins)
- Report back on Hackathon on HTTP status code 451 + HR considerations
(10 mins)
- Update (and perhaps discussion) on the status of
draft-irtf-hrpc-research (5 mins)
- Open discussion other drafts, papers, ideas (5 mins)
- Next steps (5 min)
- AOB

Happy to discuss, pull requests also welcome here:
https://github.com/nllz/IRTF-HRPC/blob/master/Agenda%20hrpc%20IETF99.txt

Best,

Niels

-- 
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    2458 0B70 5C4A FD8A 9488
                   643A 0ED8 3F3A 468A C8B3

---

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:23:24 +0200

Hi all,

Any suggestions, questions or ideas for the draft agenda below?

Best,

Niels

Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org