Subject: [hrpc] Update, overview and questions

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 16:19:45 +0200

Dear all,

A quick update from one of your co-chairs. Things have been a bit quiet
here on the list, but I've received a lot of invitations to talk about
our work here in other fora [0].

**IETF100 session**
Luckily Sandra Braman will be available to give her long expected talk
during IETF100 in Singapore.

**Drafts**
Gisela and I have been working on draft-association, taking into account
the discussion in Prague as well some new research. We had hoped to
public a new draft this week but that has been postponed due to the
earthquake in Mexico (Gisela is fine, but has been very busy with
supporting in the coordination of the humanitarian response [1][2])

Andrew and I are also working on draft-political. The two proirities
there are filling the gaps and having a clear goal on how to make this
concretely useful for an IRTF/IETF audience.

draft-irtf-hrpc-research-14 made it through IESG review and Corinne and
I are now working with the RFC editor to finalize the document.

Listening to the recording of our session at IETF100 I picked up on
Stephen's suggestion and I am keen to work on a draft that summarizes
all the DDoS discussions that we've had here, especially because it is a
returning discussion and the DDoS part in draft-irtf-hrpc-research got
cut back quite a bit. Are people interested in authoring that?

It would also be great to hear whether there are any updates on
draft-anonymity ?

Other ideas for drafts and discussions to be held during the session are
also always welcome of course, both on-list and off-list.

Best,

Niels

[0] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-5HCBO83v8
[1]
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/09/24/mexico-city-volunteers-use-social-media-direct-quake-relief/698210001/
[2] http://horizontal.mx/verificado19s/

-- 
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    2458 0B70 5C4A FD8A 9488
                   643A 0ED8 3F3A 468A C8B3