Subject: [hrpc] Fwd: [art] Side Meeting / BarBoF on pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Butterworth Room, Tomorrow Tue 14th, 4-5pm

From: Hernâni Marques (p≡p foundation) <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 05:31:00 +0100

Dear HRPC folks

I'm from the pEp (=pretty Easy privacy) Foundation and very closely
following your absolutely great work.

In our bylaws [1] we have as main activity to enforce Human Rights
through technical means, such that it is very interesting for us to see
the HPRC work emerging.

Some of you might be interested to learn how we propose to map Human
Rights into the pEp protocols, which we're also discussing inside the
IETF (see invitation to ART below and please feel invited, too).

I'm also open for any discussions at any time with you, e.g. via Jabber:

[email-masked]

You also find me around until Thu.

Greets

Hernani

[1]
Cf. https://pep.foundation/docs/pEp-Stiftungsurkunde_en.pdf (English,
translated; original German:
https://pep.foundation/docs/pEp-Stiftungsurkunde.pdf)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [art] Side Meeting / BarBoF on pretty Easy privacy (pEp):
Butterworth Room, Tomorrow Tue 14th, 4-5pm
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 05:08:33 +0100
From: Hernâni Marques (p≡p foundation) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Dear folks

I heard the ART area might be interested in what we're doing,
considering this morning's input in DISPATCH about IM w/ S/MIME and the
increased interest in secure and privacy-preserving messaging inside ART.

ISOC Switzerland (ISOC-CH) and the pretty Easy privacy foundation (cf.
https://pep.foundation) started a project to submit Internet-Drafts for
automatized / opportunistic message encryption in a very broad sense
(not relying on central infrastructures, i.e. with peer-to-peer and
federated messaging in mind):

https://www.isoc.ch/archives/2845

A first general draft is here:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birk-pep-00

The draft includes links to running code for four platforms (Android,
iOS, Outlook and Thunderbid via Enigmail) applying our principles to
email -- email is the place for us to start and where we propose and
implemented practical ways to stay interoperable with the existing
ecosystem, which is also why we're proposing our ideas through the IETF.

* * * Side Meeting / BarBoF at IETF-100

For tomorrow, Tue 14th, 4pm+ we reserved a room (Butterworth Room):

https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/doku.php?id=100sidemeetings2

We propose the following (tentative) agenda:

4-4:40pm: Intro to pEp and proposed protocols to automatize email encryption
4:40-5pm: Demo of running code
5pm+: Q&A

* * *

PS:
There was already a general presentation on pEp at the IETF-99 (SAAG):
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/99/materials/agenda-99-saag/

-- 
p≡p foundation: https://pep.foundation/

_______________________________________________
art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/art