Subject: [http-auth] possible BoF in Quebec City

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:15:05 -0600

The security area and applications area directors have talked about the
possibility of a "Birds of a Feather" (BoF) on HTTP authentication at
IETF 81. We have agreement that it would be productive to hold an
exploratory BoF, i.e., not a BoF that is intended to immediately form an
IETF working group. The goal of this meeting would be to map out the
problem space for HTTP authentication and determine if there is energy
and interest in working on a clear problem statement and related
Internet-Drafts in preparation for a future WG-forming BoF.

I have volunteered to be the responsible AD for this BoF, however that
doesn't mean that any eventual WG would be formed in the applications
area (it's too early to determine the final landing spot for such a WG).

I've updated http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki/WikiStart with
information about the proposed BoF. All proposed BoFs will be discussed
by the IESG and IAB next Thursday on our "BoF Coordination Call". If the
HTTP Authentication BoF is approved, I'll post again to this list.

Finally, I am seeking volunteers to chair this BoF (i.e., moderate the
discussion). If you have an interest, please contact me off-list.

See you in Quebec City!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/