Subject: [http-extensions] alternative of alternatives vs invalidation (#125)

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 08:53:27 -0800

>From Hervé Ruellan <herveruellan@crfcanonfr>  in <https://listsw3org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2015OctDec/0375html>:

In 24, the third paragraphs says that a client can become aware of 
multiple alternative services, citing: "or, an alternative service might 
itself advertise an alternative"

However, due to the invalidation rule, if an alternative service 
advertise an alternative, this new alternative invalidates the previous 
list of alternatives
So if you have Origin -> alt1 -> alt2, then you keep only alt2 and don't 
have a list
I therefore propose to remove the "or, an alternative service might 
itself advertise an alternative"

---
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/125

---

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 09:18:40 -0800

Closed #125.

---
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/125#event-490408499