Subject: [httpwg/http-extensions] bcp56bis 4.9 - stateless (#528)

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 05:14:30 -0700

> Applications MUST NOT make assumptions about the relationship between
   separate requests on a single transport connection; doing so breaks
   many of the assumptions of HTTP as a stateless protocol, and will
   cause problems in interoperability, security, operability and
   evolution.

good paragraph! But I think it deserves its own headline instead of being mushed in with authentication (which is just one related subset of the problem).

It would be good to also point out that HTTP isn't a reliable messaging protocol -> ATLS is currently confused about that.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/528

---

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 00:11:23 +0000 (UTC)

Closed #528 via 2de36fa762319168e23159629c54dfbe8fe38dd3.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/528#event-1549020881